Tuesday, May 5, 2009

with love and compassion

We depend so heavily on your prayers... we can not thank you enough for remembering us.

The last couple of days, Psalm 103:1-5 have occupied my prayers for Fergus:
Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits--
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
God has shown mercy and restored life to our son. I pray that he will crown Fergus with love and compassion, satisfying his desires with good things, and renewing his youth like the eagle's.
Today, I went to see him and he cried out as loud as he could (which is pretty loud now that the airway around the trach is growing) when he saw me. I picked him up and settled him down and he stopped crying. Definitely, his crying is purposeful and he now looks at anyone who talks to him.

Thanks, esther

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jesus!!

    We contiune to believe God for a full recovery for Fergus. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crying for JOY!!!! How exciting! Hugs & Kisses! -Rachel (#7)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you God...

    This is so wonderful to hear...It truely brings me to tears of JOY to hear this...

    Thank you Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God!
    We keep checking here and praying, praying, praying!
    Your prayer for Fergus is beautiful and we agree with you in beseeching the Father for Psalm 103 to be accomplished in Fergus' life.
    Love to you,
    Russ and Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day after work I check back to see what's going on with my cousin and how God's loving hands are moving.

    I generally spend +30 minutes or so a day listening to the songs here. In this time I praise and worship my Heavenly Father and pray for all of you guys, especially my little cousin Fergus Maximus(Yeah, that's right, I just gave him that nickname).

    I rejoice and praise God for Fergus' progress thus far and I won't let up praying now.

    Thanks you Father for bringing Fergus this far! You are great and mighty! Please continue to heal my little cousin!

    Love,

    Nephew/Cousin Will

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad to hear this. wishing you a happy mother's day. hoping that all is still going well. continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. debbie (pray4fergus.com)Sunday, May 10, 2009 5:25:00 PM

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ESTHER! I am so proud of you. You inspire me and encourage me. Thank you for your honesty and transparency and for allowing us a glimpse into your life. I pray for each of your children, not just Fergus. I pray for Matt and for you and ask God to sustain you. More than sustain you. I pray your faith will be strengthened as you see Him move in your lives in powerful and mysterious ways. I praise Him for your lives and for your testimony! Love and Blessings! ~debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day!!!! Love you, always praying, hugs and kisses! My kids miss yours! Love Rachel #7

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave messages for the family and friends of Fergus Lockerby.

Whether you know this family or Fergus personally does not matter.

Whether you write a line or a page, leave a verse of scripture or a meaningful quote, or words of your own, we welcome your participation.

What matters most is the sense of Christian community that we create as we take part in lifting our brothers and sisters in their time of need, and thereby we too are lifted up, with encouragement and love.

Lets not miss an opportunity to help each other live lives filled with HOPE for healing for Fergus and his family and ourselves.

Join us! We are glad you are here and we want to hear from you, too!

~debbie reagan

"Let the little children come to me" ~Jesus

He took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. ~Mark 10:16, speaking of Jesus