Friday, April 10, 2009

The last couple of days have been busy. It is wonderful to have the kids back with us. Their time out in Maryland and Virginia was wonderful but we missed them.

Fergus has been doing really well. Prayers about him relaxing while being awake are being answered. Before today, any stimulation from anyone or anything strongly agitated him. Lights, noise, talking, or just being around him was too much for him. Today, I settled him into his bed, after changing the bedding and tucked him in. He was starting to fall asleep so I sat in a chair waiting for him to fall into a deep sleep. After I sat down, his heartrate soared and his breaths were fast. I jumped up to see what was wrong. As soon as he saw me and heard me speak to him, he relaxed. I grabbed a tall chair and laid a hand on his shoulder. He completely relaxed then and fell sound asleep. It was so nice to be able to be with him and not have him upset by my presence, but rather comforted instead.

The hospital is hopeful about moving us to Ranken Jordan by Monday morning. God has been gracious to us to provide a bed there.

Please continue to pray for the full restoration of our son. Thank you, esther

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord Esther....
    I have really been praying for "recognition" like you requested. He is responding to you!!! Happy to know your kids are back too..that helps a lot. I have been praying a lot for you, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot.....when I am taking a shower, cooking food, stopped at a stop light, grocery shopping, doing laundry....You are very close to my heart Esther Ruby and I will not let go until He blessed you!!!!!! And HEALS Fergus. Tell Matt I said Hi! Love you.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have Fergus responding to your love and relaxing. We continue to pray for him and all the family. Aunt Robin

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave messages for the family and friends of Fergus Lockerby.

Whether you know this family or Fergus personally does not matter.

Whether you write a line or a page, leave a verse of scripture or a meaningful quote, or words of your own, we welcome your participation.

What matters most is the sense of Christian community that we create as we take part in lifting our brothers and sisters in their time of need, and thereby we too are lifted up, with encouragement and love.

Lets not miss an opportunity to help each other live lives filled with HOPE for healing for Fergus and his family and ourselves.

Join us! We are glad you are here and we want to hear from you, too!

~debbie reagan

"Let the little children come to me" ~Jesus

He took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. ~Mark 10:16, speaking of Jesus