Saturday, April 25, 2009

more therapy

Because of the good news of Fergus calming down, therapists will work with him more and more starting this next week. Also, they want to start decreasing his meds at the end of the week. This is really good news. The meds are really strong and it is not good if he stays on them for too long. Thank you for praying about his storming. God is merciful in hearing our prayers. Please continue to pray that Fergus calms down.

One of my concerns, especially over the last few days, has been his back. His hips don't always line up with his spine and the physical therapist is concerned that some rotation might have occurred with the arching. Please pray that his back and hips completely straighten out. Once those are in good shape, then the rest of him can heal. The physical therapist gave me some good advice on exercises to do with him to help his back. One suggestion was to lay him on his belly over my lap. He relaxed completely, allowing his back to curve properly.

Please pray:
for his back to straighten
for continued peace
for complete healing

Thank you, esther

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Esther, Matt, Ian, George, Rose and Gus,
    This note is long overdue, but we wanted to let you know that we are praying for you, following intently the news as it becomes available. We rejoice with you and cry with you as the situation changes. You all are a regular matter of prayer at the weekly times as well as many others at Johns Hopkins are praying diligently for a complete healing. This is such a testimony to our great and gracious God. We want to wrap our arms around you and hold you but until we can, many hugs and much love to all of you! We will write again soon, Martha & Dave.
    Phil 1:3-6 says it well! Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful to see your honesty and your faith shine through all these events. I recently came across a scripture that stirred something within me - so I thought I would share.

    You Will Decide On A Matter... It Shall Be Established For You... And Light Will Shine On Your Ways."
    JOB 22:28

    I am Andrea/Ritchi's friend in Seattle and I will continue to pray.

    Beth Garrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see his beautiful smile and it makes me smile...

    I pray everyday for him to recover.

    I really think a lot of people look forward to your postings on this blog, along with the pictures. It show's us all the power of prayer and God.

    If you don't mind me asking a few questions?

    Do they suspect he will have brain damage?
    Do they think he will be able to walk, crawl, general baby things?

    How about smile? Does he smile?

    If you choose not to answer I understand.

    God Bless you little Fergus...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave messages for the family and friends of Fergus Lockerby.

Whether you know this family or Fergus personally does not matter.

Whether you write a line or a page, leave a verse of scripture or a meaningful quote, or words of your own, we welcome your participation.

What matters most is the sense of Christian community that we create as we take part in lifting our brothers and sisters in their time of need, and thereby we too are lifted up, with encouragement and love.

Lets not miss an opportunity to help each other live lives filled with HOPE for healing for Fergus and his family and ourselves.

Join us! We are glad you are here and we want to hear from you, too!

~debbie reagan

"Let the little children come to me" ~Jesus

He took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. ~Mark 10:16, speaking of Jesus